Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macdoobie

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2008
any titles out there? i dont care how good it is...as long as its somewhat decent and not too buggy :)

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Urban Dead. Text-based, zombie survival. It's pretty overrun with zombies right now, myself included.

MapleStory's huge and has 2D graphics if you run Windows. Not too taxing at all on a MacBook, I'd wager.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
I used to play Runescape all the time and it was a great experience. That was almost 4 years ago though, but the game is still great. Very fun ad addicting. As far as free MMORPGs go, I highly suggest it.

kuwisdelu

macrumors 65816
Jan 13, 2008
My favorite was Anarchy Online. Free for basic play, pay for upgrades. Basic was more than enough for me. The only downside is that it was Windows-only, and I don't want to dual-boot :mad:

craigsharp@spym

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2006
There's also Planeshift. Haven't played it in a couple years, then it was a bit buggy, but definitely worth a look.

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
I used to play Runescape all the time and it was a great experience. That was almost 4 years ago though, but the game is still great. Very fun ad addicting. As far as free MMORPGs go, I highly suggest it.

Yeah, a bit TOO addicting though. It's still a great one to play if you're looking for some nice free MMORPG'ing (Although you need to pay to get access to ALL the features).

misterredman

Cancelled
Oct 3, 2007
Pardus is a FREE real-time strategy, graphical game set in a futuristic universe that can be played right from your browser!

Test your wits against thousands of others in this vast, dynamic universe as you struggle to survive! Trading, pirating, smuggling, military ranking - how you play is totally up to you in this open-ended game.

Playable with all common web browsers - No downloads or plug-ins required!

http://www.pardus.at

iPapa

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
If it's your cup of tea, then maybe you'd like to try Pirates of the Caribbean Online (OS X native - works both on G4 Power PC processors and Intel). Free to play "basic access" option. Inside Mac Games did a review of the game earlier this month.

Odin1

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2012
The Fallen Immortals FREE Browser-Based MMORPG

This is MMORPG has advanced far in development but is lacking players ultimately. While we offer a community that you can interact with; there is also many options this game provides that can grab the attention of a 100 year old man!

- Auto Attack

- Mining and Forge for advanced weapons

- Raise your Stats how you want to with Stat Points every level!

- Rand drops for Gold, Stat Points, Blood, Mystery Bags, Demon Spawns, Cash, Items, and more!

-Fighter class with advancements:
Fighter II
Fighter III
Fighter IV
Fighter V
Assassin
Assassin II
Assassin III
Assassin IV
Assassin V
Warrior

- Mage class with advancements:
Mage II
Mage III
Mage IV
Mage V
Sorcerer
Sorcerer II
Sorcerer III
Sorcerer IV
Sorcerer V
Elemental
-Group Demon boss fights with two types(Beginners, and Advance)
-Guild options to increase Gold and Experience gains in Battle
-Gain free Cash by using the Vote page
-Climb to the top list and pass your friends
-Scavenger for rewards.
-Pvp system like no other!

This is only so little of what The Fallen Immortals brings to the table of MMORPG's out there! Come Join us today to see what else you can do. There is always someone logged in to help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.