Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pherplexed

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2005
my machine was acting quirky, so i decided to reinstall leopard - did an archive and install.

After I copied my iTunes folder and iTunes pref files back into my new system, iTunes has all my files and settings just like they were but no AppleTV to be found. AppleTV says the computer is not connected and if I try and do the connection again, ATV tells me it ill erase everything and re-sync. That will take forever!!

Are there some hidden files somewhere I didn't think about to copy over from my previous system folder so the connection will be restored?

MagnusVonMagnum

macrumors 603
Jun 18, 2007
I've got Leopard installed on a 2nd partition and while I can get Tiger and Leopard to easily share the same iTunes library (360+ CDs in Apple Lossless), AppleTV sees Leopard as a different iTunes library (i.e. I'd have to disconnect AppleTV and connect it anew to iTunes in Leopard as the main library; I can set Leopard up as a 2nd shared library instead, though). My computer Network has a different name under Leopard, so maybe that's why it sees it as different. I'll have to try changing that and see if it makes any difference. I prefer to be able to switch between Tiger and Leopard at a whim without it affecting my whole house audio system streaming functions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.