Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iulia02

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
Hi.. I would apreciate some help with the next problem:

I synced my ipod nano with my friend's itunes. When i got home, i was planning to try and copy my friend's songs to my computer.My computer is a PC with windows XP on it.

When i connected my ipod, itunes opened asking me if i wanted to erase the ipod and sync it with the itunes library. It was either "Erase and sync" or "Cancel". I pressed cancel, but then the ipod automatically disconnected. I plugged the ipod again. Only this time i pressed cancel, and also checked the "Do not ask me again option".

Since doing that i cannot keep the ipod connected to the computer. Everytime i plug it in itunes opens and disconnects it immediatly. It doesn't allow me to change any options for the ipod in itunes. I should also mention that the ipod wasn't enabled as a disk use.

What do i do? I just want to connect the ipod and be able to sync it with my computer again.
I apreciate your help.

iDAG

macrumors 65816
Sep 9, 2007
Athens, Ohio
You cannot move songs from an iPod to a computer unless they are bought from the iTunes store with the same account. So in order to use your iPod with your computer again, your only option is to erase and sync. Sorry, that is just the way it goes.

iulia02

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2008
yes. I would like to erase and sync. but how do i do that since itunes doesn't pop up that question anymore, it just disconnects my ipod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.