Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bored911

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
NYC
ok so i just finished installing guitar hero III on my new mbp, and it runs beautifully, except for one minor flaw, it refuses to recognize my guitar. The light on the guitar is on, but the game won't budge, except with the keyboard which is no fun. I tried updating the game, restarting the mbp, no luck. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix this travesty.

P.S. i put in a "ticket" to aspyr but i'm not hoping on as helpful results as from you guys.

alansmallen

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2007
nope. just restart and you're good to go.

just make sure you erased ALL the files. including preference files, etc.

bored911

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
NYC
i think i only erased the preference file, where are they located?

EDIT: yes i only deleted the pref file, so it is still not working! agh, so annoying!

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
How do you click by the annoying start-up videos?

If you use the keyboard instead of the controller it will only use the keyboard.

See if the cable has a snug fit between its fittings.

bored911

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 18, 2007
NYC
connections are fine. I had been clicking through the intro with the keyboard, but i tried to do it with the guitar and it didn't work at all! so it's still not recognizing

Erichss

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2011
The problem I am having is this:
When I start the game, the game seems to recognize the guitar just fine, can navigate through the menus perfectly. But when playing a song, the buttons are all messed up. Only two of the colored buttons works (and they are for the wrong color); but pressing "start" will still get me to the menu and then I am able to navigate the menus just fine with the regular buttons.......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.