PDA

View Full Version : How to input to my Java Tool in XCode 3 while Debugging

Zali
Mar 28, 2008, 05:59 PM
I've been all over the internet trying to figure this out. Here's a few things I've figured out thus far.

1) In Xcode 3.1, you can no longer use the Standard I/O log in order to input data to your progarm.

2) The JavaBug prompt is supposed to be connected to the GDB debugger, but I am yet to be able to access anything more than the most basic commands of GDB. All I can do is set breakpoints, start and stop the code and step through the program. If there even is a 'input' option, I can't find it.

3) The console input only works when I am not debugging, if I am debugging a "JavaBug" prompt comes up and stops me from inputing to the command line itself.

I have come to the sad conclusion that there is simply no supported way to input to a Java program while you are debugging it in XCode 3. Most people would probably give up at this point and just use Eclipse. But I'm an awful stubborn person who wants to learn XCode 3 in preparation for learning Cocoa and ObjC later this year. (Note: this means I have little to no interest in downloading XCode 2.4, yes I know it works, but I want to learn XCode 3.)

So, I'm turning to hacking. And I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how to burrow into the XCode and tell it to please stop bringing up the JavaBug prompt whenever I am debugging. If anyone has any clue how to do this, or knows a direction I can start walking in to get this done, I would appreciate it.