Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pederg

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2007
Switzerland

hodgjy

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
Nice find. It looks like they're also fixing the widely known issue of Mail.app not consistently giving notification sounds. It's about damn time.

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
I think this is the first time ive complained about an OS build, but although leopard is really great applications do seem to crash all the time. 10.5.2 was a lot better that .1 but it's still bad. iChat crashes all the time, safari too especially with a PDF in view, and lots more. I send feedback each time so I hope someone at apple takes a look. Fingers crossed for 10.5.3

heatmiser

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2007
I'm currently reinstalling Leopard because my disk icon disappeared from the desktop/sidebar, and I haven't been able to retrieve it. I do hope random things like this get sorted out in the next release.

Globetrotter

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2007
London
maybe they'll also finally get to the issue of mail not hiding (when instructed to) when starting at login

I've had problems with Mail not hiding or quitting (and Safari) at different times (not just when starting at login). Force quitting is only a minor occurrence for me, but thinking about some people I know, widespread panic could ensue if it happened to them :)

I'm currently reinstalling Leopard because my disk icon disappeared from the desktop/sidebar, and I haven't been able to retrieve it. I do hope random things like this get sorted out in the next release.

Hmmm, I edited my sidebar to get rid of the ugly CAPSLOCK titles.

I wonder if its a simple fix? (the desktop should just be a case of changing preferences) edit (as too should be the sidebar)

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple Seeds First Mac OS X 10.5.3 (9d10) Version

Apple issued the first Mac OS X 10.5.3 seed (9d10) to developers yesterday. The latest update to Apple's Mac OS X Leopard addresses dozens of outstanding issues.

Fixes range from Dashboard, Parental Controls, iCal Synchronization, memory leaks and stability issues. All in all, 75 distinct bug fixes are listed in the accompanying seed notes.

A few known issues remain, and Apple typically seeds a number of developer builds for testing before releasing the final update to customers. While these point releases generally provide bug and stability fixes only, the 10.5.2 seed also addressed some user interface complaints. The current version of Mac OS X (10.5.2) was released in February 2008.

Article Link

riscy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2008
China
Sounds good - should be interesting to see what issues it resolves, eg the Wireless problem

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
I'm hoping for a fix for these sleep issues on my MBP.

Im hoping permissions is fixed and runs as fast as it use to in Tiger! Yeah yeah I hear some of you saying it's not necessary! All I know is I run it faithfully after ever app install or updates and 2.5 years later I have never had ANY problems others experiance when updating etc.... So Bring it on Apple! :)

Retired
May 16, 2006
My two requests for 10.5.3 that I think are reasonable:
  • Option+Shift+Brightness keys to provide small adjustments, like with volume
  • An option for the Finder sidebar to show larger text, like in iTunes and Mail

BigTRQ

macrumors regular
May 30, 2007
I'm all for them fixing the delete-something-in-Time-Machine-and-Exposé-F9-F12-is-lost bug. This should have been fixed in 10.5.2, but c'est la vie.

beez1717

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2007
Earth
hmmm

I would personally like to see some sort of fix for the airport application they "upgraded" a little while back. What they did was remove the easy set up of WDS networks!

It sucks becuse now I cant extend my parents 802.11 G router when I go home :(

eastcoastsurfer

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2007
Hopefully they fix quick look. When trying to quick look on multiple PDFs I've been getting a lot of system lock ups lately. Lost a decent amount of work the other day when I need to find a quote from a group of PDFs and the quick look locked up the whole computer forcing a reboot. Grr!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.