Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
No one mentioned this? dude, wtf? The PSP's second biggest game this year? Well it's weird but so far (about 4 hours in... all played last night) I really like it. It might even beat out GoW:CoO for the best looking PSP gane, has the Kingdom Hearts look to it but the full FFVII world in 3D. Voice acting is generally good, Zack is a little whiny but then he looks like a pretty boy so you can't expect too much I guess. The music is pretty good, FFVII vs. Metal-esc music. The remixed victory theme is awesome.

The realtime/RPG combat takes a bit of getting used, and sucks for the first while since basically all you do is mash the X button and occasionally hit the Square button to dodge. Now that I'm getting more spells and abilities it's starting to become a bit more fun. Lots of little encounters though, thank god it doesn't need to load up another battle screen every time or else...

I'm not huge on the whole DMW, slot machine thing in battle... sure it's nice getting all my HP refilled or getting some kick ass attack but since it's random and I have no control over it at all... it's kinda of weird.

Basically, this is a big SE ****tease for an FFVII remake and the way it looks, even a PSP remake would look pretty awesome.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
This is my first FF game(dont kill me) and its good so far....I hate turn based so this is much better for me;)

I just love the name of the title....Crisis Core.....sounds like the world is in a state of emergency.

CRISIS CORE!

Bless

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I've got this baby preordered. Absolutely loved my time in FF7 on the PSP and I'd love to play more into this world. Got a preorder down on the fancy shmancy European version with the arty farty art book.
Can't wait! June should be a good gaming month with Brawl out too. And of course the whole iPhone thing. Find myself just sitting on the CC website whilst that godly awesome song loops over and over. Weeps.

My holiday ends tomorrow, grr :eek: which is just as well so I don't hit any Crisis Core spoilers :p

Coded-Dude

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2007
Sacramento, CA
This game beats God of War overall(for me).

20+ hours into it and I have about 35%-40% of the side missions complete with Zack at a mere level 30 and plenty of story left........ The DMW is a bit quirky, as are the camera angles(at times), but the pros most definitely outweigh the cons. A must-buy for any PSP owner. For some reason I have a feeling that Dissidia will have similar battle mechanics. Props to SE for making such a long game on the little handheld that could. I think my biggest disappointment is the way it looks via component TV-Out on my 1080i Vizio - WAY too many jaggies(but I wasn't expecting much). It looks much better running natively on the PSP's screen.

There are some epic battles in this game.

CalmEnvy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
This game was amazing and probably one of the best RPG games that Square-Enix has made in the last couple of years. The story was great, voice acting was also good which was really nice for a change, there were some epic fights in the game, it's long for a portable game and it's by far the best game that the PSP has to offer. I finished in 15 hours with 20% of the side missions done and Zack was at lvl 35.

Right now I'm on my second play through and have 19% of the side missions done but I'm not far in the game. Also, there's one boss in the side missions that has around 10 million hp. I love those kind of boss fights, unless I die lol.

capoeirista

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2007
I think I'll have to do a temporary swap of my DS for my brother's PSP just so I can play this (shame he lives a few hours away:mad:) I am really looking forward to this, even though I know how it is going to end!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.