Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aj2488

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
Chicago Suburbs
Does anyone know the cause of this? I have my ipod synced with iTunes 7.6.1 and with the latest iPod software as well. It's a 30 GB Video. If I don't use it for a few hours (this happens most often when I first turn it on in the morning) It restarts with the black apple screen then goes into the actually functionality of the iPod. It has been happening since I bought it and I have even received a replacement for it from AppleCare. Maybe its a file I'm syncing to it? Thanks for any and all help!

Shotgun OS

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2006
Ohio
Does anyone know the cause of this? I have my ipod synced with iTunes 7.6.1 and with the latest iPod software as well. It's a 30 GB Video. If I don't use it for a few hours (this happens most often when I first turn it on in the morning) It restarts with the black apple screen then goes into the actually functionality of the iPod. It has been happening since I bought it and I have even received a replacement for it from AppleCare. Maybe its a file I'm syncing to it? Thanks for any and all help!

How long is "a few hours"? A normal iPod will go into a "hibernation" mode after an extended period of time to conserve battery. This seems normal to me. About how long does it take for the iPod to go to the black screen?

Aj2488

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 13, 2007
Chicago Suburbs
It only restarts to a black screen after it is turned off. For example I turn it off for a while, such as when I go to bed and then when I turn it on in the morning, it doesn't just go to the menu, it shows the black apple screen first then switches to the menu after 15 or so seconds. It's very annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.