PDA

View Full Version : Feeler: 16GB iPhone

DVNIEL
Mar 31, 2008, 12:29 AM
I'm thinking of selling my iPhone because I'm paying more attention to my Nokia Arte, and selling the iPhone will make its purchase a little less harsh. The iPhone is in great condition, has the traditional minor scuffs on the chrome, but thats it. It's never been dropped and doesn't have any dents or scratches on the body.

Please note, it comes with the original packaging and accessories, but the dock because I gave it to my niece who misplaced it. It also comes with an semi-clear Agent 18 Shield with 2 Crystal Film protectors (1 applied, 1 unused).

I'm hoping to get most of the funds I paid for this, so is $500 too much to ask? There isn't much leverage to lowball me because 16GB refurbs are not out yet at AT&T or Apple Online, and I'm making up for paypal fees

The phone is not unlocked and has the following info:

- Week 03: 16GB iPhone
- 7 series LCD Panel
- Firmware version: 04.04.05_G
- Version 1.1.4 (4A102)
- True capacity: 14.8GB

taylorwilsdon
Mar 31, 2008, 02:03 AM
Just unlock it and sell it for $150 over value on eBay.

ascham87
Mar 31, 2008, 03:15 AM
You should just keep them and buy a sapphire arte. They'll all be a happy family. The leather on it is actually much nicer of a touch than it sounds like, especially if you don't like the metal yuck feeling of the normal arte. I just hate that I can only use the 3g when I'm overseas :( I don't understand why we don't have 2100mhz here yet..sigh. Anyways, that's my suggestion, but if you really have to sell the iPhone, unlock it and put it on eBay, you'll get a good amount more than you could get here. I'd say you could easily get $600-650 easy. But remember Paypal and ebay fees. You might want to try craigslist.

alexxb14
Mar 31, 2008, 03:46 AM
I'd give you my huge PS3 60GB Bundle if you could include $400...

EHUnlucky7x9@ao
Apr 1, 2008, 06:20 AM
Hey, did you ever receive my pm about this iPhone? Can you please let me know if you did receive it or not? Thanks!

chrismac00
Apr 1, 2008, 02:35 PM
I say try eBay or Craigslist too. I doubt you will get $500 though. You can get a new one from Apple for that price.

chrismac00
Apr 1, 2008, 02:36 PM
I say try eBay or Craigslist too. I doubt you will get $500 though. You can get a new one from Apple for that price. Better yet, I say you keep it.

phungy
Apr 1, 2008, 02:40 PM
I've seen listings successfully selling 16GB iPhones for $619 buy-it-now on eBay. Good luck!

i4k20c
Apr 1, 2008, 06:34 PM
I've seen listings successfully selling 16GB iPhones for $619 buy-it-now on eBay. Good luck!

for unlocked?

i have a sealed iphone 16gb iphone that i may want to sell... but if i can get that much more for unlocking it, than maybe i will.. ;)

phungy
Apr 1, 2008, 09:54 PM
for unlocked?

i have a sealed iphone 16gb iphone that i may want to sell... but if i can get that much more for unlocking it, than maybe i will.. ;)

Yes unlocked :)

aethelbert
Apr 1, 2008, 10:11 PM
for unlocked?

Yeah, they go for that unlocked. It's amazing how pressing a button on your computer to run a piece of software for two minutes makes your phone worth $150 more...