PDA

View Full Version : Hiring Design Student

akeel6
Mar 31, 2008, 11:25 AM
Hey All,

I run a small company and I have a designer who does 90% of my work and love her. Recently shes been swamped and i wanted get a student to finish off some projects that are pending (mostly editing stuff which is why i want a student as i don't think it would be right to ask a pro to do such basic work. and yes I'm not going behind my designers back).

Do you know any good sites where i can find a student or fledging designer to do some small editing and last minute jobs for me?

Thanks for any help.

anim8or
Mar 31, 2008, 11:32 AM
Any more detail....

like where are you based, will you pay, what kind of design do you do, etc? Editing sounds like video work...?

shecky
Mar 31, 2008, 11:42 AM
contact the graphic design / fine art office of any nearby design schools or universities that offer a design program. tell them you are looking for students for a paid internship.

puckhead193
Mar 31, 2008, 11:45 AM
contact the graphic design / fine art office of any nearby design schools or universities that offer a design program. tell them you are looking for students for a paid internship.

that's the best idea or go to craigslist....
with the schools you'll know you'll get someone with a brain... although it is late in the semester. Maybe the school can put you in contact with a prof. and can ask students if they would like a "part time job"....

akeel6
Mar 31, 2008, 12:33 PM
Any more detail....

like where are you based, will you pay, what kind of design do you do, etc? Editing sounds like video work...?

I'm based in nyc. and i meant page layout mostly (current project is finishing flashcards (http://www.bellcurves.com/business-school/flashcards-info)for print.). for pay i was thinking about 15 an hour (is that fair for a student?)

thanks for all the suggestions. i'll get someone working on contacting schools but if any of you have specific local contacts i should get in touch with , or people you know who would be good for this, you can email me at akeel6 at gmail.com