PDA

View Full Version : New iPhone SDK

OS X Dude
Mar 31, 2008, 01:12 PM
Hi,

I know the new SDK has an updated Interface Builder app - and I already have the Xcode + old SDK - so can I remove the old Interface Builder then download + install the new one and not lose any features but save space (not two IB apps you see)?

Also, can I remove anything else (old iPhone SDK for example) to gain some space?

Thanks in advance :D

Cromulent
Mar 31, 2008, 01:35 PM
Hi,

I know the new SDK has an updated Interface Builder app - and I already have the Xcode + old SDK - so can I remove the old Interface Builder then download + install the new one and not lose any features but save space (not two IB apps you see)?

Also, can I remove anything else (old iPhone SDK for example) to gain some space?

Thanks in advance :D

It does it all automatically. Just install the new one (assuming you have installed to the default location both times).

Monkaaay
Mar 31, 2008, 08:07 PM
I was wondering the same thing. It sure eats up a lot of space.

admanimal
Apr 1, 2008, 12:56 AM
You never want to just pull one piece out of the package to install like that, there are undoubtedly other components in the SDK that need to be updated in order to support the new Interface Builder besides just Interface Builder.app.

The new SDK should install itself on top of the old SDK and not take up that much more room.

OS X Dude
Apr 1, 2008, 01:55 AM
OK thanks guys:

so basically, old Interface Builder will be removed to make way for the new one automatically and the new SDK doesn't take up much space?

Cool, thanks :D