PDA

View Full Version : Wireless router with USB printer port

nhkader
Nov 7, 2003, 06:58 AM
Thus far I am only able to find one router that offers a printer port on a wireless router (Vigor 2600G - see www.draytek.co.uk). Unfortunately the release date has been delayed again (now due end 4q 2004). Furthermore, the Drayteks are pricey.

Does anyone have any idea on another option where I can print remotely to my Epson printer (USB) from a Powerbook and also an HP nx7000 notebook.

I notice that Linksys offers wireless printer ports - how does this work and will it work with another brand of wireless router? That way I can use a USR wireless router and have the printer elsewhere.

hugemullens
Nov 7, 2003, 07:10 AM
Pretty sure airport supports this. Check apple.com, but 90
% sure (and to lazy to check :) )

nhkader
Nov 7, 2003, 07:17 AM
Thanks for the prompt response. Indeed you are right. Trust Apple to be ahead of the game. I did not even think about the Apple Airport router - automatically looked at the others.

ftaok
Nov 7, 2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by nhkader
Thanks for the prompt response. Indeed you are right. Trust Apple to be ahead of the game. I did not even think about the Apple Airport router - automatically looked at the others. You'll have to check Airport's USB compatibility list. If you're lucky, both printers will be supported.

nhkader
Nov 7, 2003, 08:11 AM
Just checked the Airport base station poste and it seems that the wireless printing will NOT work for PC's.

Back to the search again.........

Looking for a wireless router to allow printing for both Mac and PC.

alternative may be to go for wireless print server WPS54GU2 from Linksys - anybody with any experience on this product?