Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

phiberglass

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
What is the best watermark client for mac? I download Iwatermark and am checking that out, seems kind of confusing though. Do you just create and image in photoshop with a transparent background, and use that as the source image and just batch process all the photos? Anyone have a different program?*

Never mind I think I figured it all out. Now to watermark all my pics and re-upload :D the fun part.

phiberglass

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
Well, since you brought it up... can it be done with Aperture?

Hmm, I'm not sure about that. I haven't looked into that. I'm using the program iWaterMark. It's relatively easy when you set it up. I just batch processed about 1500 photos last night in like 30 minutes. I had each folder separate into dates and just drag it in, then selected the destination folder. Then you just select the watermark you want (I set up how I liked mine before this) and let it run. Now I just need to upload all those pictures back up to my site. >.<

MacNoobie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2005
Colorado
You can setup Aperture to water mark based on an image file already. So for example you'd have to make up a water mark in Photoshop it can be saved in PNG format for transparency or you can adjust it later in Aperture. If you go down to File > Export > Versions. You'll see a bunch of presets for Original Jpeg, Half Size Jpeg, Email etc. Click on custom I believe and you can drag the water mark you made into PS and customize the side of the image you need and whether to scale the water mark accordingly.

The other way to get a watermark is to download BorderFX (just google it) and you can install the plugin into Aperture and its under File > Export > BorderFX in the Aperture menu. From there u can do a bunch of nifty things like make water marks inside the plugin and not have to deal with PS.

Hope that helps ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.