Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hotshotharry

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
In hopes that apple might see this thread and think that an unlimited subscription service, (everything but ppv movies) would be a good idea, post your comments!

I personally would love to switch to an entire on demand library, access all itunes content, unlimited for a subscription fee! Anyone else interested in this? I would be willing to pay 30 - 40 bucks a months ! Get rid of my crappy cable tv :) lol OOH yeah! :)

So how about it apple, where do i sign?

inigel

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2008
No where
The drama with that is, in Australia, our bandwidth is... *****:mad:. It would only benefit US/Europe customers.

Plus the content owner (Paramount, Disney, Fox, etc.) are not keen on the idea of that.

And a problem with subscription services is that when you stop paying, the songs/videos generally stop working. Which was why Apple adopted a "cherry pick" model with the original iTunes Music Store.

LucasLand

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2002
New England
I would like to see it happen for all the tv shows they offer, but I worry how much content they would take away. Cable co's would fight it too.

I prefer to own my music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.