PDA

View Full Version : Did Panther Break Bluetooth for You?

Cooknn
Nov 7, 2003, 09:45 AM
Got my new G5 yesterday :D Question: I spent a 1/2 hour on the phone with tech support trying to get my Apple bluetooth keyboard to work, and once we got it to pair I hung up thinking all was fine. But the problems weren't over. The connection kept dropping and communication was intermittent when typing.

Tried my MS bluetooth mouse also, and even though it paired it didn't work very well at all - and the connection kept dropping for it as well. Seems that others are having the same problems after upgrading to Panther. Mine was factory installed.

Just wondering if anyone has a work around, or if I should just wait for Apple to post a fix...

drastik
Nov 7, 2003, 10:19 AM
It may be a problem with your antena. my siemens s56 phone and AlBook 15.2 connect and sync with no problems at all.

Cooknn
Nov 7, 2003, 10:38 AM
LOL - you just gave me a clue. Did not know there was an antenna. There's a bunch of parts sitting on my table that I have not looked at yet. Bet one of them is the antenna :eek:

Just found this on the Apple site: Customers who select Bluetooth Module for Power Mac G5 also receive a Bluetooth antenna that is attached to the external case of your Power Mac G5Hehe. Bet that solves my problem - not sure about the others that are discussing the problems with upgrading though.

soakwashrinse
Nov 8, 2003, 03:24 AM
My Microsoft Bluetooth mouse works fine with my 15-inch 1.25Ghz AlBook and Panther. Have you tried putting in a fresh set of batteries in? The only time I experience connection drops with my mouse is when the batteries are running low.

Cooknn
Nov 8, 2003, 11:51 AM
It was the antenna. I didn't see it in the little bag. Once I plugged that in the Apple BT Keyboard and MS BT Mouse work perfectly :o

James.Paul
Nov 8, 2003, 12:17 PM
I got my new G5 on Thursday and they never shipped a BT antenna with mine only an Airport Extreme antenna!!!!