PDA

View Full Version : Custom Hard Drive Icons

newbynate
Apr 1, 2008, 02:11 AM
I made some custom hard drive/disk icons and I thought I'd share since I think they might be of use to other people, i have lots of friends who want the itunes drive one.

Enjoy and maybe post some of your own ideas

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4110655
^the torrent file containing all the icons

Easy install for leopard-
to set as the icon all you do is

copy the .icns file you want
go to get info on the drive/app/file/folder you want to change
in the top right corner of the get info window there is a small icon.
click it, it should get a blue glow
now paste the .icns file

its that easy

enjoy!

HydroMan
Apr 19, 2009, 06:48 PM
I know I'm opening an old thread but I was looking for an icon for my flash drive that's full of music and the iTunes one looks perfect, thanks for your work newbynate.

newbynate
Jul 25, 2009, 06:04 PM
I know I'm opening an old thread but I was looking for an icon for my flash drive that's full of music and the iTunes one looks perfect, thanks for your work newbynate.

No Problem, glad someone is making use of them, my friends and me are always making real simple custom icons like that, always glad to help.

NeGRit0
Jul 26, 2009, 12:45 AM
Do you think you could help me out and turn the attached into an icon?

NeGRit0
Aug 24, 2009, 07:11 PM
I wonder if the 22 people that viewed the file are using it... :confused:

cosmokanga2
Aug 24, 2009, 08:29 PM
Do you think you could help me out and turn the attached into an icon?

Here are 3 icns files from the original psd. Differences are background and cropping.

Bouliii
Aug 25, 2009, 04:50 AM
Wow, these icons look great! But since thepiratebay is dead, is there another way to get them?
Thanks!

NeGRit0
Aug 25, 2009, 05:22 PM
Here are 3 icns files from the original psd. Differences are background and cropping.

You sir are a gentleman, and a scholar! Thank you so much. I was trying to figure out how to do it myself, but to no avail...

cosmokanga2
Aug 25, 2009, 06:16 PM
You sir are a gentleman, and a scholar! Thank you so much. I was trying to figure out how to do it myself, but to no avail...

No problem. I used Img2icns (http://www.img2icnsapp.com/) if you want to do them yourself.