PDA

View Full Version : Apple claims song sales far outstrip Napster


MacBytes
Nov 7, 2003, 10:28 AM
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Apple claims song sales far outstrip Napster (http://news.zdnet.co.uk/internet/ecommerce/0,39020372,39117709,00.htm)

Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by arn

nagromme
Nov 7, 2003, 04:26 PM
"Apple claims"? Nice spin!

Nielsen SoundScan says Apple has 80% of the market--with the other 20% including ALL other stores, not just Napster.

So, Apple is spreading "claims," are they?

Maybe someone at ZDNET/CNET is taking articles and slanting just the headline, on purpose? You have to wonder. The articles themselves often have bias too, but when they don't the headline often still does.

bousozoku
Nov 7, 2003, 05:57 PM
You have to wonder if those Dell advertisements on their websites are having some influence over their decisions. :D It's like PC Magazine in the late 1980s. They would review 5 of something and no matter how bad the Microsoft product was, it won.

Genie
Nov 9, 2003, 01:03 AM
And P2P outstrips Apple.:rolleyes:

Of course napster isn't selling many songs- Napster means "free stolen music!" - Branding 101