PDA

View Full Version : Raiden Fighters on Mac

cb911
May 5, 2002, 09:24 PM
does anyone know the arcade game Raiden Fighters? i was wondering if there is a game like that on the Mac. or does anyone know of other scrolling shooters like it?

cb911
May 6, 2002, 04:35 PM
surely some of you know of a similar game. i really like that game and i don't want to have to go to the arcade every time i want to play it. Help!

kiwi_the_iwik
May 11, 2002, 06:58 AM
Sooo - you want to play Raiden, eh? Why not try the FREE & FANTASTIC MacMame - the Mac's Multi Arcade Machine Emulator? I've seen Raiden rom images on various websites: however - don't download the roms unless you already own the cabinet (copyright reasons, of course), or unless you only use the roms for evaluation purposes - afterwards erasing them within 24 hours...

...yeah - right.

Check out www.macmame.org for more information...

Footnote:

Considering that many coverdisk CD-ROMS from Mac magazines have MacMame in their listings, I can't see there's any problem with using the program (no doubt, I've probably opened up that same old can of worms regarding copyright and piracy yet again - but if companies such as Atari don't exist anymore, what's the big deal if we want to take a brief stroll down "Memory Lane", and move a few badly drawn pixels around a screen? - I challenge you to play Return To Castle Wolfenstein straight after playing Frogger, and you'll see my point...).

cb911
May 11, 2002, 05:21 PM
thanks, i'll try macmame as soon as i get my TiBook. and as soon as i get cable internet.