PDA

View Full Version : iBook Bag/Case

SilentPanda
Nov 7, 2003, 11:05 AM
My 12" iBook is suppose to ship today at latest and I'm wondering what bag I should get to tote it around in. It's hard to tell because I can only look at them online... I was thinking of McBain's LoveChild from Crumpler but I'm not sure. Do I need to get a sleeve in addition to the bag? I don't really undestand what a sleeve is I guess. Also does anybody else have any other recommendations? I looked at timbuk2 and and Santa Cruz but I think I like the Crumpler one the best thus far... thoughts? Or at least clue me into what a sleeve is?

sjjordan
Nov 7, 2003, 12:28 PM
A sleeve is really just that...a hole manufactured to fit a laptop, keeping it safe.

I use a laptop backpack that I bought at Best Buy. I love it. It keeps my powerbook safe and I can take it everywhere.

rueyeet
Nov 7, 2003, 03:37 PM
Yup, a padded sleeve is made to just fit the notebook and nothing else. This means that you need to put it in a bag to carry more than just the laptop, though it does offer the advantage of being able to put it into any bag and poof! that bag is now a laptop bag.

If the padded compartment for the laptop is built into the bag or case, you won't need a separate sleeve, but you'll always have to carry your computer in that bag.