Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
I have a Apple TV and a 80 GB ipod. However I would like to update my ipod without adding my movies to the ipod that are in my itunes synced with my Apple TV. I figure I need to make another itunes on another drive or something. Is this a way to do what I want to do? Any suggestions?

OlBlueHair

macrumors regular
Feb 7, 2008
I have a Apple TV and a 80 GB ipod. However I would like to update my ipod without adding my movies to the ipod that are in my itunes synced with my Apple TV. I figure I need to make another itunes on another drive or something. Is this a way to do what I want to do? Any suggestions?

If I understand what you want to do...

Use Manual snyc for your iPod...in other words set it so you have to use those checkboxes to pick which movies, songs etc you want on your iPod. Then you can have none or some of the movies on your iPod if you want.

If you want all your songs to copy over to the iPod without having to worry about doing it each time, just make a playlist called iPod songs and drop every song on your library on it...then using manual sync, check the box for "iPod songs" playlist.

I think.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
If I understand what you want to do...

Use Manual snyc for your iPod...in other words set it so you have to use those checkboxes to pick which movies, songs etc you want on your iPod. Then you can have none or some of the movies on your iPod if you want.

If you want all your songs to copy over to the iPod without having to worry about doing it each time, just make a playlist called iPod songs and drop every song on your library on it...then using manual sync, check the box for "iPod songs" playlist.

I think.

Thanks that is what I need to know. I have a lot of movies on my Apple tv and I don't want it to fill my ipod up but I do want the song and maybe 1 or 2 movies at most. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.