PDA

View Full Version : PB 1.25 Battery Life

willmg
Nov 7, 2003, 03:16 PM
Hey all been running some battery tests on my laptop since installing panther. With brightness at 4-5 bars, power set at longest life and airport and bluetooth off, I am getting around 2:30 while watching a DVD. Is this near what others are getting? Also if I decompressed the DVD to my HD to watch it would that increase life or decrease it for say a plane flight?

Thanks

willmg
Nov 7, 2003, 07:15 PM
Been doing some more fooling around with it, seems like similar life when airport is on screen is half bright and doing web browsing/word procesing/and spreadsheets, I get around 3Hrs. While ago saw an extended life battery for the Ti series(much higher rating for older Tis than the current), maybe something will come out for our aluminum's

KBFinFan
Nov 7, 2003, 09:02 PM
Here's a link to a battery replacement thread over at MacNN (are they the enemy? I love MacRumors so don't get mad...:p )

Here..http://forums.macnn.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=187251

Gives you a command for Terminal to determine your maximum battery charge and stories of people simply proving to the 'genius' at the Apple Store that they are in need of a switch. I am planning on doing the same tomorrow... Hope this helps..