PDA

View Full Version : This may be a VERY dumb question...but oh well, HERE GOES!!

theapex
Apr 2, 2008, 10:17 AM
How do you use or maybe I should say access ES1, ES2, Sculpture, or EXS24 in Logic pro? (the built in AU or VST (whatever you call them)

Apr 2, 2008, 10:25 AM
Select a software instrument track and select the desired sampler in the I/O field (bottom left, just above the track's individual volume fader)

theapex
Apr 2, 2008, 10:33 AM
Select a software instrument track and select the desired sampler in the I/O field (bottom left, just above the track's individual volume fader)

thanks bro. I found a youtube video. I was coming back here to post and maybe help someone else out. but you had already done it. thanks

Drumjim85
Apr 2, 2008, 10:36 AM
just to clear things up for you (getting the correct terms..)

Those things are called plugins. AU (audio units), and VST (Virtual Studio Technology ) are two different types of plugins. (kinda like a picture can be .jpg and .gif)

certain programs can only use certain types of plugins.

other common types are: .TDM (for protools TDM) .rtas (for all protools) and directX

theapex
Apr 2, 2008, 10:48 AM
is there a way to get more instruments in there (ones that can be used by logic of course?)

if so how do you load them and where do you get them from.

I was just going through a tutorial and the guy loaded up the esx24, and he said that it is a sampler. you can load up samples or instruments and alter their sound based on the parameters in the esx24. (did i understand this correctly)

I also noticed this.
I saw that when he went to load different samples that he had quite a few different categories than I did and in the categories that we both had he also some different instruments.

Drumjim85
Apr 2, 2008, 11:05 AM
oh, sorry ... i didn't know they were soft-synths (i don't deal with logic) ...

well then disregard my comments above for this topic. and apply them elsewhere ...

theapex
Apr 2, 2008, 11:51 AM
WOW!!!! This thing has completely blown my mind. There are so many different instruments. This is crazy!!!

I am still trying to find out how to add more.

noodlz1472
Jul 28, 2009, 10:25 PM
I know how to sample sounds/synths/etc in ESX24, but dont know how to get them in my song itself. Am I missing something simple here? Please help...

ChrisA
Jul 29, 2009, 05:20 PM
Am I missing something simple here? Please help...

(At the rick on being insultingly simple) maybe that something is "multi-track recording"?

The add in the ""rest of the music" you would
pen other tracks for vocals, guitar, keyboards, drums, other synths. Later they all get mixed together. You make the later tracks wile listing to the first track(s) in your headphones