Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theapex

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Every time I start Logic the very first time I push record and start recording a track, the click track (metronome) comes and starts recording on my track too!!!

I hate that. and then everytime it does it I have to go into the project settings and change the port that the Metronome is output through.

How have you all fixed this problem in your setups?

I know I ask a lot of questions...but how else do you learn? Thanks all of you that help me out!:)

BeyondMountains

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2008
Every time I start Logic the very first time I push record and start recording a track, the click track (metronome) comes and starts recording on my track too!!!

I hate that. and then everytime it does it I have to go into the project settings and change the port that the Metronome is output through.

I know I ask a lot of questions...but how else do you learn? Thanks all of you that help me out!:)

I just goto project settings and turn it off before i start a new project.

i dont know what kind of recording your doing. what are you using to record? i suppose it must be a microphone and its picking up the metronome comming out of your speakers? not sure how else the metronome would record on your track.

theapex

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I just goto project settings and turn it off before i start a new project.

i dont know what kind of recording your doing. what are you using to record? i suppose it must be a microphone and its picking up the metronome comming out of your speakers? not sure how else the metronome would record on your track.

yeah that would be the obvious thing to do...just tedious. i think I will just do it and then maybe save it and just use it as a template (of some sort) and just open that every time I start a new project...same goes for the MTC, etc..

there is no mic connected to my setup yet. I think it is coming through one of the ports on my interface. or yeah, something similar to what you are talking about.

fernmeister

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2007
I've never had the click record onto a track. But, it can sound like that if the click while playing option is on.

Saving Templates really is the way to go. My preference for metronome setting really does come down to the style of music. If I'm starting with live instruments I like having it, but never use it if I'm starting with loops.

neb123

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2008
logic 08

Hi how can i change the metronome speed in logic 08 what do i need to do?? can any one help thanks

MowingDevil

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2008
Vancouver, BC & Sydney, NSW
Hi how can i change the metronome speed in logic 08 what do i need to do?? can any one help thanks

I hope you don't take offence to this, but if you need to ask that question perhaps you're not ready for Logic Studio yet. You might want to take some time w/ Garageband and work your way up. Logic has alot of bells and whistles that aren't necessary for basic recording when you're just starting out.

Garageband may be free but for simple recording it will do just as good a job as Logic and be way easier to navigate around.

ingrid

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2009
to junior- changing the metronome speed

Hey! All you have to do is....

"To set the project tempo, do one of the following:
Click-hold the Transport tempo value and drag up or down, or double-click the tempo
field, then type a new value. "

-or-

"Click-hold the tempo value in the Tempo List and drag up or down, or double-click the
tempo field, then type a new value."

Straight from the user manual itself (I typed in "bpm"). Happy recording!

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California

Rather then changing the port why not turn it off? Go to project setting and turn it off. It should say set until you create another project.

jeffy.dee-lux

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
montreal
I thought I'd just throw this one in there while we're at it:

How does Logic cope with a piece that changes tempo? Is there a way to adjust the BPM kinda like how you'd adjust the gain on a track?

ChrisA

macrumors G5
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
How does Logic cope with a piece that changes tempo? Is there a way to adjust the BPM kinda like how you'd adjust the gain on a track?

About the same way as it deals with volume. You can draw a line under the track and then make parts of it taller or shorter to make the tempo go up or down. You can slowly ramp up the temp or jump it if you like.

They call this automation and you can apply this to many parameters, not just volume and tempo

jeffy.dee-lux

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
montreal
About the same way as it deals with volume. You can draw a line under the track and then make parts of it taller or shorter to make the tempo go up or down. You can slowly ramp up the temp or jump it if you like.

They call this automation and you can apply this to many parameters, not just volume and tempo

awesome, just what I would've hoped.

hurlmat

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2010
I use a template to get around this

It is very annoying the metronome. What I tend to do is save an empty project as a template with all the setting that I want (or just with the metronome turned off) and I use my templates rather than creating a blank document each time. A bit of a work-around. It would be nice if logic remembered that you wanted the click track off each time but the template concept is good and you can set up some other bits and pieces that you use each time as well.

hope that helps

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.