Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
To think back on the days when I heard the story behind the "Sosumi" system sound I thought to myself... No way Apple would ever be incorporated into the music business. Gosh how times have changed.

I'm astounded at Apple's dominance in the market and it actually brings me to think that I pray that Apple continues to keep an even keel on such businesses because in this time and age people are very weary of corporations that gouge and take advantage of their position in the market.

Apple do us right and continue advancing the music industry to keep the advantage in the consumers corner.

EDIT: http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20080402-apple-passes-wal-mart-now-1-music-retailer-in-us.html

Bobdude161

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
N'Albany, Indiana
That's good to hear! Great job Apple! Last keynote they were in third right? Pretty interesting that they jumped from 3rd to all the way to the top in 3 months.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
I think it's great. Now if only NBC would see the error of its ways and come back into the fold with their TV shows. I liked them enough to buy off iTunes but not enough to go anywhere else looking for them. Like candy or soda or a magazine at the supermarket checkout stands... anyhow, way to go, Apple!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.