PDA

View Full Version : itunes playlist posting?

Mosco
Nov 7, 2003, 05:12 PM
Is there any plan to add a feature that would allow people to see a list of our complete itunes library or is something like that not do-able?

whocares
Nov 7, 2003, 05:47 PM
Over LAN: yes with iTunes' music sharing features (at least to all who have iTunes).

Over internet: why would you want to do that?

Mosco
Nov 7, 2003, 06:29 PM
i don't mean sharing music through our playlist, i mean just posting a list so that other people can see what you have in your library if they like the song that you had recommended.

SeaFox
Nov 7, 2003, 10:50 PM
I was thinking of suggesting something like this today. Kinda like the Celebrity Playlists on the iTMS.

Except, the Celebrity Playlists are only made up of songs on the iTMS, and I don't want to be limited by that.

I also think it shouldn't be connected to any iTunes/iPod specific file or feature. Because some of us burn MP3 cd's, or use music players other than iPods. It should be more a freeform list of say twenty-five songs at the most (since that's the length of the "Most Played" smart playlist and the Celebrity Playlists on iTMS).

There should be fields for artist and title, maybe album too (optionally). And a way of linking songs in the list to songs in our normal recomendations so the browser can get to them on the iTMS without having to submit the track over again. If this is too much we should at least be able to flag the song somehow to say "Hey! Look in my recommendations this song!"

But songs we recommend in addition to the track should not be displayed in the list, it would disturb the clean look and readability of a top twenty-five list.

I also think we should be able to rearrange the list easily if possible or add a comment line to the top of the list (like: "My iPod Most Played", "What I'm listening to now in no particular order", or "The Top Twenty-five songs of all time").

Boy, I'm not asking for much am I? :o

Edit: close parentheses
Hey, this should be in the feedback forum.

Hawaii's Boy
Nov 8, 2003, 01:18 AM
if I wanted to share my music that I like over the web I guess that I could simply, waste 20 mins of my life and insert it onto my website.

But Then again most people wont know the songs that I put because they are Hawaiian songs.

smarterthanone
Nov 14, 2003, 09:19 PM
I've been working on a site that does exactly what I think you are asking for. It's still in serious alpha mode, but if you want to play with it you can check it out at http://www.musicmobs.com