PDA

View Full Version : Where to find an iPod's serial number if you don't have the iPod?

ataboc
Apr 3, 2008, 06:27 AM
I'm in the Navy and out to sea.

My shipmate's iPod was stolen. We think we know who the culprit is.
But we need the serial number to prove it.

Is it possible to find the serial number in iTunes?? I don't know if he registered it with Apple or not.

Thanks in advance!

ImNoSuperMan
Apr 3, 2008, 06:33 AM
You can find it on the box and the sales receipt if you still have them with you.

chas0001
Apr 3, 2008, 06:38 AM
Itunes can tell you the serial of the last iPod connected.

In iTunes 7.6 or later
1. Hold down the Control key and choose Help > About iTunes (Windows) or iTunes > About iTunes (Mac).
2. Release the Control key.
3. As the iTunes and QuickTime version information scrolls, you will see the last connected iPod/iPhone/Touch.

ataboc
Apr 3, 2008, 07:01 AM
Itunes can tell you the serial of the last iPod connected.

In iTunes 7.6 or later
1. Hold down the Control key and choose Help > About iTunes (Windows) or iTunes > About iTunes (Mac).
2. Release the Control key.
3. As the iTunes and QuickTime version information scrolls, you will see the last connected iPod/iPhone/Touch.

thanks! I will give this a shot in the morning. I don't know what version he has installed. I'll let you know if it works!

chas0001
Apr 3, 2008, 07:23 AM
thanks! I will give this a shot in the morning. I don't know what version he has installed. I'll let you know if it works!

Good luck. You can also go to : http://www.apple.com/support/manuals/ipod/ and click on the "Upload the serial number of my last connected ipod" button at the bottom of the page.