Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

springframework

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2008
I have to use the UITextView for allowing the user to edit a varying multiline text block.

The user hits return and gets a line break which is good, but there is no done button on the keyboard ... so the keyboard has no way of disappearing when the user is finished.

how has anyone else dealt with this?

iphoneGuy

macrumors member
I have to use the UITextView for allowing the user to edit a varying multiline text block.

The user hits return and gets a line break which is good, but there is no done button on the keyboard ... so the keyboard has no way of disappearing when the user is finished.

how has anyone else dealt with this?

You need to put the done button on your layout... Looks like you get one or the other....

springframework

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2008
so other people have just put a 'done' button in their layout somewhere? that seems a bit silly.

What I have now started doing to any screen that using the keyboard is put a UIVView at the very back, u can add gradients and lines to it giving your app a nice background. and then i add a listener so when they click anywhere on the background the keyboard disappears.

this seems better then a done button.

is the done button in the top corner standard practice for all current applications?

iphoneGuy

macrumors member
so other people have just put a 'done' button in their layout somewhere? that seems a bit silly.

What I have now started doing to any screen that using the keyboard is put a UIVView at the very back, u can add gradients and lines to it giving your app a nice background. and then i add a listener so when they click anywhere on the background the keyboard disappears.

this seems better then a done button.

is the done button in the top corner standard practice for all current applications?

The Edit/Done button seems to be the UI standard right now...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.