Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hello.there

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Couch
I know that old Apple camera connector doesn't work with the Touch and last I read it didn't sound like they would be bringing out one that does. Any updates on that? Or does anyone know of a similar product where you can load photos straight from your camera on to the Touch?

Thanks.

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
I know that old Apple camera connector doesn't work with the Touch and last I read it didn't sound like they would be bringing out one that does. Any updates on that? Or does anyone know of a similar product where you can load photos straight from your camera on to the Touch?

Thanks.

No there is no way because there is no disc use...so there is nowhere for the pictures to be stored or taken off...i DREAM of a connector like this...it would be perfect!

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
I would LOVE to have this functionality. To the point that I would buy it and a 16GB Touch straight away. Carrying around a laptop can be a right royal pain in the you know what :). And if you are say out with friends you can do a quick scroll through and all that. And doing it on the fly would be so sweet.

Hmm. Another thing that would be neat, but a bit out of my price range for now :rolleyes: would be to do synching from the Canon "wireless file transmitter (wft-e3a) " staight to the Touch.

I guess the only other option is to carry one of those digital picture frames :(

Hello.there

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
Couch
No there is no way because there is no disc use...so there is nowhere for the pictures to be stored or taken off...i DREAM of a connector like this...it would be perfect!

Flip, I was really hoping there was a magical gadget out there that would do this. It seems kind of daft, I think the Touch displays photos beautifully, a monster pity there's nothing to hook it up to direct to the camera. :(

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Flip, I was really hoping there was a magical gadget out there that would do this. It seems kind of daft, I think the Touch displays photos beautifully, a monster pity there's nothing to hook it up to direct to the camera. :(

agreed! my iPod Touch shows pictures so well, and i would be great to be able to zoom into the pics on a slightly larger screen and then delete them lol...haha now my hopes are up, someone make this!!!

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
wait a second... you can't enable disk mode on the Touch? Like, hook it up to your Mac/PC and store files on it? Or did I hear someone wrong?

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
wait a second... you can't enable disk mode on the Touch? Like, hook it up to your Mac/PC and store files on it? Or did I hear someone wrong?

Nope you can't do that...one of the things i hate about it...but i got over it haha after all my songs go on it i have barely enough space to store anything on it hahaha

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO

I would be interested to see if sales would increase if they did enable it. The screen on the classics is not worth it and likewise for the interface, the Touch really does work quite well in all ways for photos.

Though I guess Apple is a bit scared of allowing disk mode as we will all apparently jailbreak the thing and use it for other purposes. Made worse by needing to load everything through iTunes and therefore needing to carry your laptop with you and in which case I will just carry the laptop and a card reader, save $400 and use a bigger screen.

So so close... yet so far.

nutmac

macrumors 603
Mar 30, 2004
Since Camera Connector is not even compatible with iPod classic, I don't think Apple will introduce or update Camera Connector for new generation iPods and iPhones.

I got the Camera Connector for 5th Generation iPod for computer-free travel. But it is slow with strong appetite for battery. With minor touch up, it could be a great product (faster throughput and pass through Dock Connector to allow simultaneous charging and transferring), but other than minor packaging updates, it remains unchanged and essentially in EOL status.

If you are serious about photography, Epson P-3000 is one of the best alternatives. At $400, is isn't cheap, but it has gorgeous LCD with RAW capability and very fast.

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
Instead of starting a whole new thread for the Touch.

I have read the Touch manual etc and haven't seen an explicit answer to the following question:

When you sych photos to an iPod Touch (or iPhone) does iTunes resize the file or does it copy over as is?

ie if i have a 3mb image which is 3888*2592 is that what is saved on the Touch or is it resized to an 800*600 200kb file when synched?

Curious to see how much space my images would take up and whether or not I would be needing to resize them first. FYI, this is me considering the purchase of an iPod Touch, I do not have one just yet.

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Instead of starting a whole new thread for the Touch.

I have read the Touch manual etc and haven't seen an explicit answer to the following question:

When you sych photos to an iPod Touch (or iPhone) does iTunes resize the file or does it copy over as is?

ie if i have a 3mb image which is 3888*2592 is that what is saved on the Touch or is it resized to an 800*600 200kb file when synched?

Curious to see how much space my images would take up and whether or not I would be needing to resize them first. FYI, this is me considering the purchase of an iPod Touch, I do not have one just yet.

it puts them on you iPod the same size they are on your computer...trust me mine took tons of space, so i took them off hahaha

jbernie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 25, 2005
Denver, CO
it puts them on you iPod the same size they are on your computer...trust me mine took tons of space, so i took them off hahaha

Thanks! What i expected, but knowing that I can resize them and not worry so much abotu space. Then again my iTunes library is only 12GB so a 16GB or larger Touch won't be a size issue.

thinkband

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2007
I actually posted a proposition exactly like this in the ipod touch forum recently. See, I have a 16gb ipod touch and my oh my would it be great if I could put my pictures on there from my memory card/camera on the go.

Does apple understand how many people would buy an ipod touch just for this capability? I mean, no one would buy the Archos/epson alternative anymore.

I say apple make it a feature and a selling point in the next ipod touch and I'll bite.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.