PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: LOADED Pismo/500/60GB/640MB/DVD/Airport/Warranty

DannyZR2
May 6, 2002, 05:47 AM
I've got an extremely well taken care of Pismo 500 Powerbook that originally shipped for $2999 in December 2001. Also purchased with a 3-year CompUSA full warranty ($499)

Since then I've upgraded the internal 20GB Toshiba Hard Drive with a newer 40GB Toshiba HD and put the spare 20GB in an Xcaret expansion bay module so that it can be used in conjunction with the 40GB internal drive, for a total of 60GB hard drive space! UNDOABLE in the new Titanium Powerbooks!

Also, I've put in a 512MB pc100 RAM chip from crucial memory in the upper slot, adding to the 128MB already installed underneath for a total of 640MB RAM!

It also comes with a new revision 128-bit / Cisco LEAP enabled Airport card for wireless networking. (included but will take off $100 if not wanted)

The Apple/LG DVD player works perfectly, reads both DVD's and CD's flawlessy. The condition of the laptop is perfect except I am missing one of the rubber feet.

REmember, this has a transferable warranty with CompUSA (any location) and if something breaks or goes bad, it will be replaced by them at no charge to you. This is a VERY good way to be sure you will be able to keep this very expandable powerbook in PERFECT shape!

If you've got any questions, email me: dannyzumwalt@mac.com -- I'm selling it to upgrade to a new/used DP800 Powermac (still looking) so I can do my video projects and burn DVD's.

Standard specs are follows:

100mhz buss
500mhz G3 processor
2 Firewire ports
2 USB ports
10/100 ethernet port
1 PCMCIA Type II slot
Airport ready (airport card already installed as well)
S-Video out (comes with S-Video-composite video adapter)
VGA output (comes with VGA adapter as well)
14.1" TFT LCD monitor (has 1 stuck pixel, but can be replaced under warranty)
5 Hour battery (has been replaced with brand new one under warranty)

Selling for $1600
Comes with pleather slim case/usb kensington mouse/Case Logic "sleeve" and all original softare CD's (OS X also preinstalled)

sparkleytone
May 7, 2002, 04:26 AM
be careful what you advertise, just to warn you. although you may have gotten a battery from your warranty by grace of you know who, neither the compUSA nor the Apple warranties cover the battery.

DannyZR2
May 7, 2002, 09:15 AM
Wow.. thanks for the tip. I didn't know this.. but they certainly, after talking to many at CompUSA had no problem replacing it. and it came from apple!.. I am glad, and the person who buys this from me will be too, cause the new one I got is working great!

Macmaniac
May 7, 2002, 10:23 AM
I wish I could buy that.(Hmm always the college fund)