PDA

View Full Version : no audio when connected to tv

lboldt1223
Apr 4, 2008, 02:30 PM
I have all cords connected, including a 3.5mm Stereo cord plugged in and i still have no audio. when i try to turn the volume up on the laptop, it shows that i cannot control it....what should i do

SFStateStudent
Apr 4, 2008, 02:38 PM
You need to connect a speaker system by plugging it into the headphone plug-in. Your DVI-adapter is video only. Good Luck. :cool:

lboldt1223
Apr 4, 2008, 02:44 PM
i know that the one cord is only video, that is why i have a 3.5mm cord plugged into the headphone jack on the computer and then into the audio in on the back of my lg hdtv

Tilpots
Apr 4, 2008, 02:48 PM
i know that the one cord is only video, that is why i have a 3.5mm cord plugged into the headphone jack on the computer and then into the audio in on the back of my lg hdtv

In your TV's interface, look for an audio input option. It's probably set for a cable audio in. Sometimes you have to manuallly change it. Also make sure the audio in is in the same input selection range as the video in (V1, A1 and not V1 and A2).

Hope that helps!

SFStateStudent
Apr 4, 2008, 03:15 PM
That's definitely weird, that you have no volume adjustment from your MB? I always hook up my JBL speakers and my Peavy sound system directly to my BlackBook on a regular basis. Also, check your Output on your Sound on your MB, by going into your System Preferences and click on Sound. Ensure that you don't have the MUTE Box checked, if it is, just uncheck it. Hope this helps. :cool:

faintember
Apr 4, 2008, 03:19 PM
Also, check your Output on your Sound on your MB, by going into your System Preferences and click on Sound. Ensure that you don't have the MUTE Box checked, if it is, just uncheck it. Hope this helps. :cool:While you are here and on the Output tab, make sure that Headphones - Built-in Output is highlighted, as I have occasionally seen no output or input selected (seemingly randomly).