Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Datazoid

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 10, 2002
From ThinkSecret:

In his new book "Illustrator CS for Dummies," Ted Alspach, Adobe's Group Product Manager for Illustration Products, advises new computer buyers to get a PC: "As of 2003, Windows systems have taken a decisive lead over Macs when it comes to performance. The difference is most apparent with graphics applications such as Photoshop and Illustrator, but you'll notice it with other applications as well. If you're thinking of purchasing a new system, and speed and responsiveness is important (or at least more important than the feel of the OS, I suggest getting a zippy PC over a (comparably) sluggish Mac."

This is getting to be a bit much in my mind. Benchmarks have shown that the G5 at least helps the Mac to catch up to, if not surpass, the vast majority of PC systems out there. If nothing else, Apple should stop promoting their products so heavily, since Adobe can't seem to return the favor....

[edit] Sorry if this is a repost...I just noticed the article is a few days old...[/edit]

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Re: Adobe takes a bite out of Apple...again!

Originally posted by Datazoid
From ThinkSecret:

This is getting to be a bit much in my mind. Benchmarks have shown that the G5 at least helps the Mac to catch up to, if not surpass, the vast majority of PC systems out there. If nothing else, Apple should stop promoting their products so heavily, since Adobe can't seem to return the favor....

[edit] Sorry if this is a repost...I just noticed the article is a few days old...[/edit]

Yup, repost. It's okay though, it happens to the best of us. ;)

https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46404

Lethal

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.