PDA

View Full Version : powerbook AC Adapter

alkil47
Nov 8, 2003, 11:02 PM
K i have a 867 pb 12 for 8 months now and everything has been real good with it no problems at all apart form the AC, it only works 50% of the time when i plug it in , i have to play around with the cables for ages to get it working I waste a good hour every day doing this has anyone else experienced problems with the fancy powerbook AC Adapter?

ColoJohnBoy
Nov 8, 2003, 11:49 PM
I had to have mine replaced because the wire right near the plug into the computer was stripped and the wire began to fray. Has the wire stripped anywhere? Even if it hasn't, I suppose it is possible for the wire to become frayed under the plastic cover.

You might also want to try resetting the PMU. That might solve the problem. Just remove the keyboard, and look in the rear right hand corner. There should be a small metal button in the recess of the case. Make sure you have the computer off, unplugged, and the battery out.

oldschool
Nov 9, 2003, 06:35 PM
still under warranty? Just get it replaced...doesn't take too long. Phone up apple.

lucface
Dec 31, 2005, 09:44 AM
i have that problem too, but not as bad. i just twist it a bit and its good.

alexprice
Jan 1, 2006, 01:01 PM
K i have a 867 pb 12 for 8 months now and everything has been real good with it no problems at all apart form the AC, it only works 50% of the time when i plug it in , i have to play around with the cables for ages to get it working I waste a good hour every day doing this has anyone else experienced problems with the fancy powerbook AC Adapter?

Is the PowerBook's casing around the DC-in flush or does it stick out a little?

Koodauw
Jan 1, 2006, 02:41 PM
Yeah, Mine broke too. I just bought a new one from apple, as mine was out of warranty. Call em up though if yours still i sunder warranty though.

tristan
Jan 1, 2006, 03:31 PM
When my PS connector got bent, I was able to find one on the Internet for $35 shipped. Let me see if I can find the name of the company.