Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iskhj000

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2007
Texas
I have not been able to see this from the threads so sorry if I am asking an old question.

My iTouch crapped out and I had to restore it (took me 2 weeks to get it to work)

I really miss my apps (games). Is there a way I can get the installer on it with out having to downgrade it?

I am on Windows XP

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
I have not been able to see this from the threads so sorry if I am asking an old question.

My iTouch crapped out and I had to restore it (took me 2 weeks to get it to work)

I really miss my apps (games). Is there a way I can get the installer on it with out having to downgrade it?

I am on Windows XP

Use ZiPhone. Version 2.6b. Will take 1 minute.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK

I am on Windows XP

I don't know about this iTouch but with the iPod Touch :p you can jailbreak even with the latest 1.1.4 update with a handy tool called ziphone. everyone seems to say use 2.6b but the latest version (3.0) works just as good

pogobaby81

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2008
who cares dont rape me

yah i used ziphone, works great. remember that on 1.1.4, you need to install a compatability patch. this can be found under Tweaks (1.1.4) in the installer.app. :apple:

uninstall when you are done :p

it tricks your touch into thinking it is on 1.1.3 FW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.