Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Manowatt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 18, 2002
Philadelphia, PA
Okay, I'm a long time Mac fan and a long time iPod ogler. I've been wanting one since the announcement of the first one way back when. I've never been able to justify the purchase until recently.

Long story, short: I have the chance to get one for my birthday in January. This will put the iPod product cycle at 4 months old (to the day). I'm aware of the average number of days to iPod updates, and I have a long history of bad luck with updates coming close on the heels of my Mac purchases. My question is do I wait for the next update (capacity bump or new features), or do I bite the bullet and jump in? Do we even know if larger drives for these things exist yet?

I just want to have a happy birthday:)!

bennetsaysargh

macrumors 68020
Jan 20, 2003
New York
i say wait until the end of the next cycle if you have to wait for january. it's almost guaranteed there will be the same prices, and bigger hard drives in them. maybe a new feature or two, but it might only be required for a software update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.