Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CanadianDonkey

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2008
Hello,

My family just purchased an airport extreme for our networking needs, and we have everything hooked up, all our laptops are connected to the network, but the problem we're having is when we try to surf the internet, we get stuck at a customer access page from our service provider. We do some stuff to get access, we re-register our MAC addresses, then we have to restart our computers, at this point, everything works fine, we have internet access, although our printer won't work for our laptops (But thats not the main problem)

After a little while, something seems to screw up, and when we access the internet, we get stuck at that customer access page, and we have to go through the whole process of re-registering our MAC addresses and restarting our computers.

Does anyone know of a simple solution to our problem here? Does the problem lay with our router, or should I give my ISP a call and rip them a new one?

Thanks in advance for your help.

zainjetha

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2007
It sounds like the problem lays with ISP, but i am not sure what the MAC address re-registering... try making removing MAC address filtering...

send us a link to the customer access page you are getting

best of luck

dont hesitate to call ISP.. not a big deal.. just call em... ITS THEIR JOB TO HELP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.