Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

olliestockton

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
England
Have i made a wise choice?

I have bought my mac and is being delivered on the 11th of April,

So in my sig i have all the specs, have i made a wise choice of specs?

Thanks and i really can't wait to get my hands on it!

Retired
May 16, 2006
Looks great to me, and if it underperforms your expectations (unlikely), 4GB is cheap.

Kalafut

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2008
pocatello
Have i made a wise choice?

I have bought my mac and is being delivered on the 11th of April,

So in my sig i have all the specs, have i made a wise choice of specs?

Thanks and i really can't wait to get my hands on it!

your machine will treat you well, good job on the specs (wish my parents had done better). lets just hope there aren't in defect in your machine, prolly not.

intoxicated662

macrumors regular
Feb 29, 2008
yes and if I were you i'd call back and see if I can add a .mac membership. Just the other day I noticed on apple.com that with any new computer purchase they would take $30 off so you'd be paying about $69.99+tax instead of $99.99 later on. You can buy it now but setup a 60 day trial and after like a week before the trial ends just add the subscription and you're set for 12 more months straight. Overall, you made a great choice on the specs and adding this membership would work out for you if you could manage to use it for school, work or your own personal use as well.

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
Getting a new Mac can't be a bad choice. If you are worried about specs and updated hardware, one poster put it best: Will it bother you that it takes 2.5 seconds longer to boot and 34 fps rather than 38 fps in a particular game? Yeah... I didn't think so. Advances generally bring small changes in the day to day interfacing with the OS. Where you really see differences is in renders and encodes.

johny5

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2007
UK
your machine will treat you well, good job on the specs (wish my parents had done better). lets just hope there aren't in defect in your machine, prolly not.

Funny you say that, I purchased a 2.4 white macbook and the fan has an electronic whine sound coming from it. Its not that bad, but stood next to 2 other macbooks in this house i can clearly tell. The other macbooks when idling you cant even hear the air blowing out of the exhaust port whereas this one its annoying.
Bought it from dixons online in the UK so I called them and they are sending another new one out as soon as they collect this one.
Gutted really as there was nothing else wrong with it (i have seen minor flaws on others i have owned like the lid not sitting correctly and the trackpad/button not working right) and also dead pixels on one.
Fingers crossed with this one as I love the macbook as a mini workhorse (I dont need the graphics of the macbookpro)

DaBrain

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2007
ERIE, PA
Haha thats what i like to hear!

I bet the wait till friday (when it arrives) seems like an eternity :(

WTG! Congrats! You'll Love it man! Now you get to play the Fed Ex Tracking Game! Been There and done that! ;) OOPs saw your in England so not sure who ships but ya still get to play the tracking game!--))

spooky mulder

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2008
ca
good choice wish i would have gotten a little more but overall, im happy with mine. Very good choice congrats

hexonxonx

macrumors 601
Jul 4, 2007
Denver Colorado
I get paranoid easily, all i'm thinking now is, arrrrrrrr i bet i have dead pixels or something wrong with it :eek:

Chances are you won't have anything wrong at all. We hear about many people here that have them because it's a forum and people come here to complain if they find a problem.

Since July, I have purchased three iPhones, one MBP, one iPod Classic, one iMac and one black Macbook. Out of all of these, I only have a volume issue with the very first iPhone and Apple replaced it back in January. Not one defect, not one bad pixel, nothing, just plain old good quality that Apple is known for.

Hope you enjoy the new MacBook.

olliestockton

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 5, 2008
England
Chances are you won't have anything wrong at all. We hear about many people here that have them because it's a forum and people come here to complain if they find a problem.

Since July, I have purchased three iPhones, one MBP, one iPod Classic, one iMac and one black Macbook. Out of all of these, I only have a volume issue with the very first iPhone and Apple replaced it back in January. Not one defect, not one bad pixel, nothing, just plain old good quality that Apple is known for.

Hope you enjoy the new MacBook.

How did you afford all that lol

Burnspot

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2008
North Carolina
Congrats on the pick, you'll likely enjoy the experience! I picked up mine near Thanksgiving of last year and have had zero problems (knock on wood). My ole XPS laptop has been sitting dormant ever since (XP and Ubuntu on that one).

Things work a bit differently, but it'll take you no time to get used to it.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
looks very good to me... and like many have said , in case of "slowness" Ram is pretty cheap nowdays and does wonders in this machines.

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC
Congrats on the purchase. The MacBook's are great laptops, and can hold their own very well against the more expensive Pro's. I know you'll be extremely happy with it. Make sure to post pictures when you receive it.

acarle208

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2008

overkill?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.