PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica question [NO SPOILERS PAST SEASON 1 PLEASE]

benmrii
Apr 6, 2008, 09:59 PM
I've only seen the first season so while this will have spoilers it will only be from the first season (i.e. the first 13 episodes, from "33" to "Kobold's Last Gleaming, Part 2).

Okay, so here's the deal. I have two questions:

1) Does anyone know of a site that has the full episodes of Seasons 2 and/or 3 for viewing? My torrent downloads are just sadly slow on these for some reason.

2) Could someone please tell me (without spoilers, I beg you) if the show gets better in the ways that it bothers me? Which are these:

First of all, Gaius Baltar... ugh. I'm so tired of him being a genius yet not being able to discern and control something as simple as speaking to two people at once when one is imaginary. And he just... he has no sack. If he is so concerned for his well being - and what solipsist isn't - then why not actually turn the cylon(s) he knows about in? (I've no idea if Ellen, the XO's wife, is a cylon since he says he'll never tell in the first season and that is all I've watched. I kind of hope she is, though, she's damn annoying.) I can understand maybe not telling Boomer to her face - "Hey, guess what? Congratulations! You're a cylon!" - but why in the world would he risk death for himself, the BSG, and the entire human race by not simply taking Adama aside and letting him know.

And WTF is with all the going soft crap with Boomer on Caprica. "Blah blah blah, you're a robot and I don't care about you, blah blah blah, onoes you are telling me you're pregnant I can't kill you now!" In my book that's just one more reason to put one in her brainpan.

I'll stop there, but those are just two examples of my main concern: so very much of the story line is kept alive and guided by severely retarded decisions made by otherwise very competent people. It's a trap that a lot of shows get into, but I was growing a bit weary of it as the season went on. Do they pull themselves out of it at all going along into season 2? With this in mind, is it worth me continuing to watch?

Please no spoilers. A vaguely backed up "yes" or "no" would be most appreciated. Thanks. :D

.Andy
Apr 6, 2008, 10:03 PM
I've only seen the first season so while this will have spoilers it will only be from the first season (i.e. the first 13 episodes, from "33" to "Kobold's Last Gleaming, Part 2).

Okay, so here's the deal. I have two questions:

1) Does anyone know of a site that has the full episodes of Seasons 2 and/or 3 for viewing? My torrent downloads are just sadly slow on these for some reason.

2) Could someone please tell me (without spoilers, I beg you) if the show gets better in the ways that it bothers me? Which are these:

First of all, Gaius Baltar... ugh. I'm so tired of him being a genius yet not being able to discern and control something as simple as speaking to two people at once when one is imaginary. And he just... he has no sack. If he is so concerned for his well being - and what solipsist isn't - then why not actually turn the cylon(s) he knows about in? (I've no idea if Ellen, the XO's wife, is a cylon since he says he'll never tell in the first season and that is all I've watched. I kind of hope she is, though, she's damn annoying.) I can understand maybe not telling Boomer to her face - "Hey, guess what? Congratulations! You're a cylon!" - but why in the world would he risk death for himself, the BSG, and the entire human race by not simply taking Adama aside and letting him know.

And WTF is with all the going soft crap with Boomer on Caprica. "Blah blah blah, you're a robot and I don't care about you, blah blah blah, onoes you are telling me you're pregnant I can't kill you now!" In my book that's just one more reason to put one in her brainpan.

I'll stop there, but those are just two examples of my main concern: so very much of the story line is kept alive and guided by severely retarded decisions made by otherwise very competent people. It's a trap that a lot of shows get into, but I was growing a bit weary of it as the season went on. Do they pull themselves out of it at all going along into season 2? With this in mind, is it worth me continuing to watch?

Please no spoilers. A vaguely backed up "yes" or "no" would be most appreciated. Thanks. :D
Yes and No.

benmrii
Apr 6, 2008, 10:24 PM
Your curt, but appropriate answer has made me realize that I have posted one of "those" threads. I must apologize. Tough to give me any kind of answer without any spoilers I suppose.

Thanks. :o

runplaysleeprun
Apr 6, 2008, 10:38 PM
For when you get this far, the most recent 5 episodes are on scifi's website for viewing for free.
http://www.scifi.com/rewind/?sid=32850

Tilpots
Apr 6, 2008, 11:14 PM
Either you like the show or you don't. It's your time, and like every other TV show, you either keep investing in it or move on. I personally think it's one of the best shows on TV in a long time. The characters are flawed because they are human (:D). I think if you stay in it longer you'll be rewarded with some great story lines, plot twists and answers. And many, many more questions!