Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dchase3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
I'm using a Macbook Pro and have Leopard as my OS. For some odd reason, my laptop shuts down and then doesn't respond to attempts to turn it back on unless it's plugged in. Also, the battery life has been greatly reduced. Do I need to get a new battery, or is there something I can fix?

MacClarence

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2008
West London
I'm using a Macbook Pro and have Leopard as my OS. For some odd reason, my laptop shuts down and then doesn't respond to attempts to turn it back on unless it's plugged in. Also, the battery life has been greatly reduced. Do I need to get a new battery, or is there something I can fix?

Not sure from you post whether Leopard is recently installed. Was it? if so did you have any issues before the installation?

dchase3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 27, 2008
I've had Leopard installed for a while, but this only recently started happening.

szsiddiq

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2005
this happened to my sisters macbook...your battery is glitching out...either a faulty battery, or a bad connection. Could also be a bad battery though. Try to get it checked out by a genius before you replace it. If it's faulty, they should replace it for you.

Dooby Bob

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2008
Ok thanks a lot for the feedback, (in case you were wondering I asked the question from a friends account - dchase3). anyways what do u mean by a genius?

JEB229

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2008
This was happening to the battery on my macbook pro, I ended up having to buy a new battery and it solved it.

Santa Rosa

macrumors 65816
Aug 22, 2007
Indiana
Ok thanks a lot for the feedback, (in case you were wondering I asked the question from a friends account - dchase3). anyways what do u mean by a genius?

Name for the people that work at the Apple Store to try and help you solve your technical software and hardware problems.

szsiddiq

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2005
My bad! Genius' are Apple store tech support people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.