PDA

View Full Version : My Zip Disc keep getting eaten after install of Panther

meth31783
Nov 9, 2003, 07:27 PM
ok i'm a graphics design student and new here. My problem is i have a 100mb external zip drive on my Power Mac G4. I use the 100mb zips to transfer files from home to school. Anyhow after I upgraded to Panther I've lost 2 zip discs, when I insert them a window pops up saying that i've inserted a disc that contains no volumes mac os x can read. Anybody haver an idea of whats going on because this is getting annoying.

unc32
Nov 9, 2003, 08:06 PM
Zip disks and drives are notorious for losing data and requiring reformatting, etc. I am always suprised when one of mine works. Sometimes I have to put it several times for it to work on any machine. I supppose you could just reformat.

Rezet
Nov 9, 2003, 09:47 PM
1. Sorry to say that, but 100mb drives are old and i'm pretty sure even iomega already gave up on them. I'm not sure if panther supports thm fully.

But Unc, I have a 750Mb zip drive plugged into usb 2.0 and I'm yet to have one problem with it. Copying speed of these 750 discs is unbelievable. I get around 5mbs a second actual speed! No chance in hell any cdrw disc or those keychain memory sticks can even catch up to that bro. I'm very happy with my 750Mbs Zip drive.

bosskxx1
Nov 9, 2003, 10:19 PM
I can tell you that the Iomega and Apple still fully suports the 100 mb drives and disk. I have one right now connected to my computer and it reads them with no problems at all.

I really don't know what your problem is, but I can tell you it is probably not because of the system.