Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayeskreezy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
When I create a title in LiveType it looks great, but when I put it in FCE it looks choppy and grainy and pixelated. Any way to prevent this and make it look better?

mperkins37

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Is it still grainy when rendered? FCE will give a lower res look to it in the program, It should not be present in the final render though.

NickFalk

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2004
Quite probably this is due to the format you are working with in FCE. DV or another compressed format I presume. If the final output is to the telly (DVD or tape) it probably won't register as a problem as the limitations in the format won't really be to obvious here. (The DV format is created with standard TV-definition in mind).

If you're planning to output to QT you would probably have to change the sequence-settings in FCE. I'm not sure what choices you have in Express, but if Apple's 422-format is available it is very good.

lfielder06

Dec 5, 2004
Could also be with your settings in livetype. Make sure you project settings under the edit tab, are the same for both FCE and Livetype.

cecilworsley

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2008
YES but...

Is it still grainy when rendered? FCE will give a lower res look to it in the program, It should not be present in the final render though.

and just to add to this comment it will look better when rendered but the best quality will come when it is exported

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.