Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Supaklaw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
NYC
After trying XP 32-bit (and installing boot camp successfully with MM working fine including scroll wheel functionality) I moved to XP 64-bit so the obvious problem is no 64-bit driver... is there a way to extract the MM driver off the Leopard disk to at least attempt it to function in 64-bit? Bluetooth sees the mouse and it moves, the scroll wheel is a no show.

Some other forums suggested using the Microsoft Intellimouse drivers but not only does that not make sense, after trying it, the control panel is looking for a distinct signature from the mouse it doesn't see, so none of the pull-down choices work.

Any help appreciated.

dvince2

macrumors 6502
Mar 6, 2007
Canada
Because it's not officially supported, I have no idea.

However, the newest mac pros contain some 64 bit drivers... I'm not sure if its for Vista 64 bit or both XP and Vista. If you were to get ahold of the recovery disks from one of the new Mac Pros, this may work?
Its the only thing I can think of.

Supaklaw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 8, 2008
NYC
well tried installing the bluetooth enabler from the x64 folder on bootcamp, it disconnected the mouse, made me reboot, and ... it works! Scroll wheel active baby.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.