PDA

View Full Version : Simply Amazing!

Cooknn
Nov 10, 2003, 08:14 AM
First weekend with the new Apple G5. All I can say is WOW. Set up accounts for myself and my two boys - fast user switching ROCKS. Plugged in my HP 5550 printer and it was there with an icon that *is* my printer! Same thing with my bluetooth T616 phone :eek: iSync is a beautiful thing.

My 8th grader was working on a history paper and had 6 or 8 windows open at the same time on the 20" Cinema. He loves Expose! Can I say WOW again? :D

Since the early 90's I've wanted a "Jobs" OS. I saw NeXTStep at the Las Vegas Comdex when it was at its peak. I can't believe I waited this long. With my roots in Unix, I feel right at home with OS X. It is simply the most beautiful and robust operating system that exists. Everything is object oriented. I can have a terminal window open at cd / and drag a folder object into the window and it correctly pastes the path into the window!

So much thought and time have gone into this system. I feel fortunate to be able to run it - especially on a G5. What a blast :p

revenuee
Nov 10, 2003, 09:04 AM
Thats awesome man, so simple that anyone can use. Yet powerful enough to satisfy even the most demanding of users.

pure genius

rueyeet
Nov 10, 2003, 10:53 AM
This is one for Apple's "switcher" stories...you should write them this one! :cool:

mrjamin
Nov 11, 2003, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Cooknn
I can have a terminal window open at cd / and drag a folder object into the window and it correctly pastes the path into the window!

cooo!! i didn't know you could do that - thanks :D

revenuee
Nov 11, 2003, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by mrjamin
cooo!! i didn't know you could do that - thanks :D

Really?, you mean you never just surfed around your system from within the terminal window?

i find this to be most enjoyable