PDA

View Full Version : square E-Card CD stuck in Imac

misseyshelly
Nov 10, 2003, 08:53 AM
I have just managed to get a square E-Business card stuck in the CD-Drive of my imac. I have to wait for 10 days to get it repaired with the company i bought the computer off of and i really need my mac for college work. has anyone experienced this problem before? i have had to rebuild my pc before and have no difficulty with installing new hardware / drives onto the pc, but i have never had to dismantle a mac before, is it even possible ?

Icekey
Nov 10, 2003, 08:57 AM
One might question why you stuck a square cd-rom inside after Apple has such info

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=58641

but regardless of that, state more details on which model iMac you have

misseyshelly
Nov 10, 2003, 09:16 AM
i have a 500Mhz/128Mb/20Gb/CDRW/56k Ind imac.
the cd0drive has a slot in cd drive in the front of the machine. I have already used the ecard on my g4 at uni. it had a slot out cd drive. i have tried the paper-clip method but to no avail. As ther was no warning on the cover of the software or on any written material purchased with the package i went ahead and popped it in. i am now painfully aware of the apple warnings, but thanks for the link.

Mal
Nov 10, 2003, 09:17 AM
If you are very careful, you can attach a piece of double stick tape to the bottom of a regular cd and insert it into the drive, and then eject it and the stuck cd will come with it. A little tugging may be necessary to get them out together, but this is a proven successful method of fixing just that problem.

JW

PHARAOHk
Nov 10, 2003, 09:23 AM
Sorry guy, I know this is too late but memorex makes a cd thing for using those little cds in a slot drive.

http://memorex.com/products/product_display.php?cid=179&pid=485&oid=559

(((k)))

misseyshelly
Nov 10, 2003, 09:24 AM
thank you so much
love the signiture ;)

PHARAOHk
Nov 10, 2003, 09:43 AM
Oops, didn't read your handle. Did the tape thing work?

(((k)))