Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Is there anyway to get lomography effects when you take a digital picture? I am aware of all the photoshop tricks to emulate the wonky effects of lomography, but I want to do this in camera. I would like to get the weird colors, and odd saturations (is this due to the film in the cameras or a filter?)

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Is there anyway to get lomography effects when you take a digital picture? I am aware of all the photoshop tricks to emulate the wonky effects of lomography, but I want to do this in camera. I would like to get the weird colors, and odd saturations (is this due to the film in the cameras or a filter?)

Both. And the effects are widely varied. To give you any suggestions, I think we'd need examples of what you're going for.

You could always buy a Holga can scan the film or have it scanned..

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
Both. And the effects are widely varied. To give you any suggestions, I think we'd need examples of what you're going for.

You could always buy a Holga can scan the film or have it scanned..

I like the odd color saturations and light leaks. (I'm pretty sure a light leak would be hard/damaging to attempt)

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Yes, it doesn't sound like you could do that in-camera without irreversible damage. Just get a toy camera and scan the film.

Holgapics

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2008
North Oregon Coast
If your looking for weird colors one trick I've used is to shoot a slide film (positive) like Fuji RHP III and have it processed as a negative film (C-41 process). You end up with a somewhat altered negative which you can scan or have printed. It does strange things to the color. Some appear almost normal while others almost go off the deep end. Of course we're talking about shooting with a film camera which, now days, some don't even own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.