Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
London
So your at your desk and want to watch a movie as you work.

As the iPhone presumable (I'm still holding out) doesnt have a little stick that props it up...do you just lean yours against something to maintain it in the horizontal position?

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA

As the iPhone presumable (I'm still holding out) doesnt have a little stick that props it up...do you just lean yours against something to maintain it in the horizontal position?

I've gone with the "hands-free" Belkin Acrylic Clear Case, which has a swivel stand that can support your iPhone in two positions; I like to clip it to my briefcase and watch a movie or music video hands-free. Also clip it to my dashboard and utilize the MAPS as I'm driving. :cool:

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio

I use the "back" of my flip cover/lid . . . props it quite nicely

Bootsie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2008
Utah
Jump on youtube, there are a few DIY stands that you can make for cheap, even one out of a dollar bill if you want. You can also buy a few different stands.

iPhone envy

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2008
Berkeley, CA
I found this really simple and cool idea on Amazon (no longer being made). http://www.amazon.com/Apple-iPhone-...TF8&coliid=I3NDX9QTIURUCR&colid=1OMWF8BNAO1ON

I think it would be the kind of thing I could make on my own.

Also it looks like one of those cheapy display stands you see at say tourist shops that sell plates or somesort of tile that is meant to stand up. I bet one could find that too and make it dual use.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 29, 2008
London
A nice selection of 'props' I was thinking of the tourist plate idea actually!

The only good thing about the piece of garbage that is the Archos 604 is the little stick incorporated into the rear case that allows the piece of rubbish to stand up nicely and gather dust.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
I have an Orbino case where the clip acts as a stand. The photo on the website does not do it justice, the stand is a bit more vertical. The leather on the back of the case has a cross section so you can also mount the stand either horizontally or vertical. Best case I've ever owned and I've gone through nearly every brand of iPhone case.

jefharris

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013
I use the slidestand for my iphone. I'm a huge podcast geek and this is the best way to watch.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
my iphone keep saying no sim the phone unlock i just got it today

facepalm1.gif

thread_hijack_in_progress_cnn.jpg

viewfly

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
I purchased this Griffin iPhone stand + earphone storage when I had my 4.

It holds vertical and horizontal. The earbuds store neatly inside the case, and the case flip closes into a little clamshell.

When open it has a little rubber pad on the bottom so it doesn't slide around.

works. $14. cheaper on Amazon. Fits all my cases too. Slips into a pocket or briefcase, very good for traveling.

http://store.griffintechnology.com/travel-stand

This YouTube video show more how the case is used, closes, and how the earbuds store inside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckZ3YwvK_q8

Attachments

• travel_stand_ip3g-1.jpg
    travel_stand_ip3g-1.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.