Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Greenbird600

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
So i've been a mac user for a couple months now, and it seems to me that I've seen more about fonts then I ever did when I was using a PC. Why does the mac community seem to care about fonts so much? I've never felt the need to change mine. I can understand others might want to, but the amount stuff about fonts seems really disproportionate. So I ask, what's up with fonts!?:confused:

kuwisdelu

macrumors 65816
Jan 13, 2008
Mac users generally care about aesthetics more than PC users, I suppose. That probably being one of the reasons they buy a Mac.

After Steve Jobs dropped out of college to start Apple, he still audited classes at his former college. The one he said that affected him the most was a calligraphy class, as it had a great impact on his appreciate for aesthetics, which ultimately affected the design of Apple products and the fonts on the Macintosh. Apple once even commissioned a special version of Garamond from Adobe for their exclusive use, I believe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.