Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
I did a restore from a Time Machine backup a while back after updating Flip4Mac killed my computer. Since then, I've been unable to use Colloquy. It just colour wheels for a moment on launch, then crashes.

I've tried deleting all preferences and library folders and so forth, and even did a Spotlight search for "colloquy" and trashed everything that came up. After that, the (empty) server list appeared fine, and I could connect to a server and access the channel browser without trouble. However, once I tried to enter a channel, opening the main window for the first time, the application would crash again.

Interestingly enough, Dictionary seems to be displaying the same behaviour. It launches fine, but once I try to access a definition it simply crashes. The same goes for when I right-click and pick the dictionary lookup option.

Because of the similarity here, I'm wondering if it might be a WebKit problem. However, Mail, Coda and Safari work just fine.

This one's got me stumped. Are there any suggestions? Is there anything I can do beyond another backup restore?

Gary King

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2004
I know this is an old post, but I've got the same problem as you. Colloquy and Dictionary crash at startup. Safari is fine. Do you have a solution for this?

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
The good news is that I'm no longer having the problem. The bad news is that I can't remember what I did to fix it.

Are you restoring from a backup like I was?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.