Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

immoore

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
Hello,

I just ran Software Update on my Macbook and after doing so, my wireless internet stopped working. It still shows full strength for my network, but no browser or other program will connect. This is the second time this has happened, the first was fixed by a re-installation of Leopard, but the same updates made it stop working again.

To me, the two updates that seem most likely to have caused this would either be the Airport Utility update, or the Mac OSX 10.5.2 Combo update.

Do anybody know what is going on and how it fix?

Thanks!

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Try going closer to the router. Once its connected you can go further away again.

Otherwise try restarting the router and Mac.

immoore

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
I have restarted both the modem and the router. Unfortunately, neither worked.

The Macbook reads that my network has full strength, and I know that is true because the other laptop in the house works fine.

immoore

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
All of ones that were available until they made my internet stop working.

LeahM

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2008
All of ones that were available until they made my internet stop working.

Try connecting the computer to the router thru a cable and then finish installing the updates and see if that works.

immoore

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
I tried connecting ethernet to my Macbook, but I still couldn't connect to the internet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.