Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rh535

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
I had to reinstall Leopard. I didn't use my TM backup. I want to restore my contacts in Address Book and iCal items. How do i restore those?

spooky mulder

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2008
ca
I had to reinstall Leopard. I didn't use my TM backup. I want to restore my contacts in Address Book and iCal items. How do i restore those?

ok here is what you need to do. Assuming that you do indeed have a backup on an external hard drive.

1. Open up address book
2. Plug in external hard drive and enter time machine with address book open.
3 now you should be able to go back through time in your address book and retrieve what you need.

Rinse and repeat for ical..

let me know what happens.
:apple:

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera

What kind of reinstall did you do? Archive and Install, Clean install? If you did a clean install and you didn't make a backup, I'm afraid you're hosed.

spooky mulder

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2008
ca
did he not use TM at all when he was using Leopard or just not use the TM restore feature on the install DVD?

it sounds as if he didn't do a restore from TM and did a clean install straight from DVD. And now that i read it a little closer he prob didn't even use time machine at all.

rh535

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 29, 2007
I made a backup of my computer with Time Machine before i did a clean install. I had to do a clean install to fix some problems.

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
does the space interface work when you click on the Time Machine icon in the dock while in the Finder? have you set it up for the new install? it may not simply just continue working im not sure.

if so then go to "Your Time Machine drive/Backup.backupdb/Your Mac's name/Macintosh HD/Users/You/Library/Application Support" and copy Address Book and then paste it into the Application Support on your main hard drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.