Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Robertk2012

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2003
Pensacola
I just bought an ipod from someone online. It will not show the music that I transfer to it. The computer does see it though when I reconnect to the computer. Please help.

losfp

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Sydney
ummm.. is it possible that you're simply copying the files across to the iPod, instead of using iTunes (or whatever?)

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
I think the fact that the person you bought it from couldn't reformat it successfully should have raised a BIG red flag.

It appears that the iPod is broken. Can you return it for a refund?

Robertk2012

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2003
Pensacola
Yeah I was hoping to be able to solve the problem. He said he thought it was just a windows problem. You can use the ipod as a hard drive so the drive isnt messed up well at least to bad. I hear a slight clicking. Is that normal?

losfp

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2002
Sydney
try a reset - ie: hold down play and menu for a few seconds until it resets. On a couple of occasions, the database on my iPod got messed up until I did this. Failing that, a restore to the most recent firmware has always solved any problems I've had.

some quiet clicking is perfectly normal for the iPod HDD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.